Incoming Freshman Students
Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University is committed to admitting students whose academic records indicate a high potential for success. The University, consistent with its mission, is dedicated to providing higher education access and opportunity. We recognize that some students have potential for success not clearly evident through test scores alone.
Therefore, to be fully accepted into Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University, one must have a Composite Predictive Index (CPI) score of 18 or higher. The CPI score is a combination of the high school grade point average (GPA) and ACT/SAT scores. The GPA, however, cannot be lower than a 2.0. If you do not initially meet admission requirements to be fully accepted, one must have a minimum CPI score of 16 for conditional acceptance.
A freshman student is a student entering the University after completing high school requirements (students with dual enrollment credits are classified as freshmen). A student who has studied in another post-secondary college or university with less than 12 transferable credit hours with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 will be classified as a freshman.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACT/SAT WAIVER
Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) 2.0 to be accepted. The final high school transcript must reflect a minimum 2.0 GPA or higher.
Fill out and submit your Alabama A&M University Application
TRANSCRIPTS/ACT OR SAT SCORES
Send transcripts and ACT or SAT Scores to the Office of Admissions
Alabama A&M University Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 908
Normal, Alabama 35762
Pay the $30 nonrefundable Admissions Application Fee
WHAT TO DO WHILE WAITING FOR APPLICATION DECISIONS
- Apply for College Financial Aid
- Apply for an Federal Student Aid (FSA ID)
- A FSA ID is a username and password that you must use to login to certain U.S. Department of Education (ED) websites. Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on ED systems such as the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA ®) form or the myStudentAid mobile app.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- To apply for federal student aid, such as federal grants, work-study, and loans, you
need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Many states and colleges use your FAFSA information to determine your eligibility
for state and school aid to determine whether you qualify for their aid.
- AAMU FAFSA School Code: 001002
- To apply for federal student aid, such as federal grants, work-study, and loans, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Many states and colleges use your FAFSA information to determine your eligibility for state and school aid to determine whether you qualify for their aid.
- Apply for an Federal Student Aid (FSA ID)
The University awards three (3) semester credit hours to students who score three (3) on the following Advanced Placement Examinations in the areas of Biology, Chemistry, English, Foreign Languages, History, Social Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Art, and Music. Students scoring 4 or 5 may be awarded additional credit upon the recommendation of the appropriate department chairperson.
- Arts: Art and Design Programs-- Drawing, Art and Design 2D, Art and Design 3D, Art History
- Music: Music Theory
- English: English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition
- History: Comparative Government and Politics, European History, Human Geography, United States Government and Politics, United States History, World History: Modern
- Social Sciences: Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Psychology
- Mathematics: Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics
- Computer Science: Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles
- Physics: Physics I--Algebra-Based, Physics II--Algebra-Based, Physics C--Electricity and Magnetism, Physics C--Mechanics
- Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science
- World Languages and Cultures: Chinese Language and Culture, French Language and Culture, German Language and Culture, Italian Language and Culture, Japanese Language and Culture, Latin, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Literature and Culture
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software