Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions. If you need information that
you cannot find on our web site or on this FAQ page, please contact our office so
that we can assist you.
Also visit our Policies & Procedures page and/or our Transcripts page for additional information.
- How do I change my address?
- How do I order an enrollment verification?
Currently enrolled students may obtain enrollment verification by logging on to their Self-Service Banner (SSB) account. Once you have logged in to your SSB account follow the steps below.
- Select the Student Tab
- Select the Student Records
- Select the Enrollment Certificate
You will routed to the National Student Clearinghouse to obtain your enrollment certificate. If your enrollment certificate doesn't show for the current term, please contact our office at (256)-372-5254.Back to Top
- How do I order a transcript of my academic record?
Official Transcripts: Alabama A&M University uses an online ordering system through the National Clearing House. To order your transcript using this service, please go to their website and follow the instructions there.
Note: When ordering transcripts, you will have the option to have your transcript order held until after grades/degrees are posted. Please allow up to two weeks for grades/degrees to post after a semester has ended.
Unofficial Transcripts: You can also retrieve an unofficial transcript online if you attended the University from 1984 to the present and do not have an outstanding balance at the University. Follow the steps below:
- If you don't know your A-number and PIN, you may "Look-up your Banner ID and PIN".
- Log on to "Self-Service Banner (SSB)" and follow the steps to set up your Banner Self-Service account.
- Click through the following tabs: "Student", "Student Records", and "Academic Transcript".
- Click "submit" to view and print your unofficial transcript.
- How can I find out what courses are available each semester?
- What if I have pre-registered for classes and now I realized that I won’t be able
to attend, what do I do?
You need to cancel your registration before the first day of class in order to receive a 100% refund. Please view the Cancellation of Registration form for detailed directions.
If you attend one class, or participate in any online class, then you must complete the Withdrawal Clearance form and you will lose a percentage of your tuition based on the Refund Policy of the Office of Student Account Services.Back to Top
- What happens if I apply for graduation, but do not clear?
- How can I replace a lost diploma?
- How can I check my graduation status?
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software